We strive to continually improve working conditions for our teams:
This improvement involves several processes implemented here at Gaugry.
– The installation of equipment to facilitate the tasks of workers undertaking the physically hardest jobs.
– The development of skills and versatility in our teams through internal training programmes.
– The creation of project groups in order to bring the various departments closer together.
– The prevention and control of risks associated with the safety of each work unit.
– The development of a clear, simple and effective policy in conjunction with the staff with accompanying internal documentation.
– The desire for transparency manifested by the internal transmission of quality information to staff and stakeholders (employees, suppliers, etc.).
Controlling the environmental impacts generated by our cheese making activity in order to prevent the risk of pollution. We follow the rules and recommendations set out in ISO 14001.
In 2005 we installed a methanizer. During the phase of draining the cheeses, a large quantity of whey is produced; this whey is collected and treated via a process of natural fermentation. The whey produces methane which is then used to fuel the production boiler.
This methanisation process is a natural biological fermentation process enabling us to:
– Produce gas from the waste whey
– Achieve 30% self-sufficiency in terms of gas production for the production site
– And thus to reduce our environmental impact thanks to the treatment of 90% of the whey
In order both to inform and to maximise transparency, we have opened our production site for visits.
This project allows us to show all the different stages of production thanks to a glassed visiting gallery that goes through the entire production area. Video supports show and explain the manufacturing process to our visitors in several languages.